Not to toot our own horn, but we believe our routine is the start of a new water-saving, plastic-waste-reducing, better-shaving movement. (Okay, you got us: we’re totally tooting an entire brass band). So, what exactly makes the ShaveAware Wet Shaving Routine so amazing and how is it different from a traditional wet shaving routine? We’re so glad you asked!
TLDR: Shave. Save. Repeat.
Here’s the TL;DR
- ShaveAware Beard Brush lifts whiskers away from skin to better prep your beard, applies your shaving butter, and keeps your hands clean.
- RAZCLE uses as little as 8 oz. of water to effectively clean your razor during your shave.
- Clean razor = more great shaves out of each razor head.
Ready to Refine Your Routine?
Prep: It Starts with a Beard Brush
Both the ShaveAware Synthetic Bristle and Boar Bristle Beard Brushes are designed to better prep your skin and beard for shaving. Long-bristled traditional shaving brushes aren’t very stiff because they’re designed to raise lather before applying to your skin like a paintbrush. Our finger brushes have short, stiff bristles which effectively lifts whiskers away from your skin while applying shaving butter.
Not sure which brush is best for you? Take this quick quiz to find out!
1. Lifting stubble up away from the skin before you shave means your razor won’t tug on hairs, and will shave the whiskers off closer to the skin.
Result: Get a closer shave with less irritation.
2. Lifting the whiskers away from your skin also means fewer passes over each part of your face with your blade.
Result: Minimize ingrown hairs, razor burn, and other skin irritation.
3. Applying your shaving butter with the beard brush means no more shaving cream hands. Cutting out the step of rinsing the cream off your hands saves time, but more importantly, it saves otherwise wasted water.
Result: Save time and water.
Bonus: Our favorite shaving butter doesn’t harden, so you also don’t need to rinse your beard brush with every shave, saving you even more time and water!
During: A Consistently Clean Razor
Traditional wet shaving methods usually require either filling a sink with water or running the tap to rinse the razor head. Both these methods waste an unnecessary amount of water–an issue that’s really important to us–but aside from the water waste, they’re also just not that effective. Swishing a multi-blade razor cartridge or head in a sink doesn’t provide enough water pressure to thoroughly push the stubble and muck through the blades. Most sink faucets also produce fairly aerated water, so they’re only marginally better at producing enough water pressure to clean a blade.
Did you know that keeping your blade clean during shaving isn’t just about that day’s shave?
Keeping a blade clean during your shave, then storing it clean, will dramatically increase the number of effective shaves you get out of each razor. This is what we mean when we talk about optimizing your blade utilization: more great shaves out of each razor head.
That’s where RAZCLE comes in: based on the simple idea that the right amount of water pressure will effectively clean a multi-blade razor, our patented, first-of-its-kind razor cleaning device beats a sink any day. RAZCLE’s 3D-printed nozzle head is specially designed to direct water through the blades of a razor head, thoroughly cleaning out all that gunk with only a quick squeeze.
RAZCLE saves you time and water with each shave, dramatically extends the optimal performance life of each razor, and can travel anywhere. What’s not to love?