The ShaveAware Wet Shaving Routine
Believe it or not, RAZCLE isn’t the true special sauce to the ShaveAware refined routine. The truth is, keeping your razor clean while you shave and putting it away clean will drastically extend the good life of your razors. RAZCLE effectively and efficiently cleans your blade while also minimizing the amount of water you have to use to achieve a consistently clean razor during and after your shave. The Secret Sauce is the whole routine! The steps of the ShaveAware Wet Shaving Routine help you save water, save time, and get a better shave.
The ShaveAware Wet Shaving Routine (for Faces)
- After stepping out of the shower (which primes your system with hot water) use hot water in the sink to top off RAZCLE’s bottle.
- Splash your face with hot water. If your beard prep takes more than one palmful of hot water, turn the tap off in between.
- Apply a modest amount of shaving butter with the ShaveAware Beard Brush. This saves you from having to waste more water rinsing your hands. Running the Beard Brush against the grain lifts the beard hairs, resulting in a cleaner cut with less pulling, giving you a closer and more comfortable shave. Bonus Tip: use a shaving butter that doesn’t harden between uses to save even more water, as it prevents you from having to rinse the brush after each application.
- Shave! – 4 Steps
- Step 1- Shave the first side of your face with the grain – clean your blade with RAZCLE.
- Step 2 – Shave the other side of your face with the grain – clean with RAZCLE.
- Step 3 (Detail Phase) Shave the first side of your face against the grain – clean with RAZCLE.
- Step 4 Shave the other side of your face against the grain – clean with RAZCLE.
- Give the structure of the blade a quick rinse with RAZCLE.
- Splash cold water to rinse out the sink. Use a palmful at a time, as needed, and don’t leave the sink running during this step. This step and the previous one will get cold water flowing for the next step.
- Add a palmful of cold water to a washcloth to rinse and wipe your face. If you use a moisturizing shave butter, you might not need to rinse, but cold water closes pores and soothes your face. Again, if you need more than one palmful of water, don’t leave the tap running in between.
- Pat your face dry with a hand towel.
The Special Sauce
If you’ve read through the Routine and/or watched our how-to video, you might be wondering – what’s so special about this routine? Here are the ingredients to the special sauce in the ShaveAware Wet Shaving Routine.
- The 8 oz. of water you need to prime your sink with hot water to prep your beard is exactly the amount you need to top off RAZCLE’s bottle.
- With that 8 oz. of water, RAZCLE completely eliminates all trapped stubble and shaving cream/butter from your razor blade with only four rinses.
- Cleaning your blade with RAZCLE is quicker and more effective than rinsing under the tap or swishing in the sink.
- You don’t risk a repetitive strain injury trying to shake all that crap out from between the blades! 😉